Video! Weekend Boat Work edit

It has been a while since I have posted anything new, but recently there have been an influx of YouTube subscribers for some odd reason.  I am excited about the turnout, so I felt compelled to make a little bit of content.  This video shows my weekend's worth of boat work, about 6 hours on Saturday and another 2 on Sunday. The typical boat weekend is full of a variety of projects, as seen here.  Notes about the specifics are below:

0:00 - 0:16 - Intro

0:17 - 0:32 - Installation of anchor chain dead end padeye.  The end of my anchor chain will be attached to a length of rope, which will be ultimately attached to this padeye.  The rope will be attached to the last 4th or 5th length of chain, so that an additional length of anchor rode could be attached easily to the last link.  This padeye has a thick fiberglass backing plate that I made, and installed at one of the strongest glassed areas of the chain locker.  I am learning everything about the anchor set-up from Cap'n Fatty Goodlander's book "Creative Anchoring".  There was a lot of prep work leading up to this installation, including some major construction/fiberglass work on the whole anchor locker set up.  This is the last bit of installation for the chain locker.

0:33 - 0:55 - Installation of a small thru-hull fitting.  This was the vent for the head's holding tank.  I will be outfitting Windsong with a composting head, but decided to keep this thru hull in case I revert back to a tank, or for a future owner.  I threaded on a cap to seal it up.

0:56 - 1:24 - Installing the fairing block for the depth sounder.  This piece of wood makes it so the depth sounder is facing straight down.  I will sand up the gloopy excess and apply epoxy primer to the outside before installing the thru hull fitting.  

1:25 - 1:48 - I have been working a lot lately on the installation of my new anchor windlass (Lofrans Tigres).  I had to fabricate a mounting platform on the bowsprit, close up the deck holes where the old bollard posts were (they must be moved), moved the chain hole, and added a new thru hull for the windlass wiring.  All of this required fiberglass work that ultimately needed to be painted.  Here in the video I am painting the area after all of the fiberglass work has been done, and the windlass has been fully mock installed.  Paint needed to go on before final installation, and the rest of the deck will get a few more coats of fresh paint before I put the boat back into the water.  I painted on 2 coats this weekend, video shows only one though.

1:48 - 2:20 - Fabricating the templates for the head cabinet.  I am using a mix of the old wood and new to make the cleats.  The shelf and the face were old templates that I cut based upon the old, rotten pieces.  The rotten pieces were unfortunately not in good enough shape to get a full template, so I am now using my cardboard and hot glue gun technique to fill the gaps and create final templates.  I have the wood to make all of my cabinet faces now, just need to get the final measurements in before they are cut and installed.

2:21 - End - Cleaning, taping off, cleaning again, paint - laying down a couple of final coats of paint to the front end of the boat.  While this area had been painted a while back, I have done a lot of construction and fiberglass work that made the area pretty gross again.  After sanding down all of the bad spots, I started to repaint the area this weekend

Enjoy!