Going Green

One of the things I needed to take care of before rebedding the caprail and reinstalling a lot of hardware was to paint the cove stripe.  After much hemming and hawing, I finally settled on a dark green as the Windsong's new color.  It took some searching to find the right green, and my preferred paints didn't have it.  I ended up using Rust-Oleum Marine Topside Paint, Deep Green as it was the perfect color.  It definitely isn't as good of a paint as the Interlux Perfection I used on deck, but it did the job "good enough". The biggest issue with the stripe was that I needed to plug up the holes left by the deck drains.  My plan was to lower the drains as they were parallel with the drain holes, making it so water wouldn't drain unless the boat rocked.  I glassed those holes in, faired and they were ready for prime and paint.   I put on 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of paint.  Love the new green look, and now she is ready for the now restored teak caprail to be bedded.  I'll make a post about that as soon as I have it finished.

Less talk, more pics:

The last few photos are from my Instagram.  If you wish to subscribe, add me @Floriderp or go to: http://instagram.com/floriderp to check out my photo stream.  I'll figure out a way to add the relevant photos to this blog sometime.

Also, I've added an email subscription widget to the right of this page.  Given my sporadic posting, maybe some would benefit from getting email updates.

Lots of projects are getting wrapped up so expect more soon!